We all love to give great advice, but how about taking some from business’ most accomplished moguls? In my research, I’ve found the best business quotes from business magnates, entrepreneurs, economic gurus and inspirational speakers. Here are the top 20.
20. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” — Helen Keller, Author, political activist, lecturer, first deaf-blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree.
19. “Surround yourself with a trusted and loyal team. It makes all the difference.” — Alison Pincus, Co-founder of One Kings Lane
18. “If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.” — Maya Angelou, Author, Poet, memoirist and civil rights activist.
17. “Time is the friend of the wonderful business, the enemy of the mediocre.” — Warren Buffett, business magnate, investor
15. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” — John Quincy Adams, sixth President of the U.S.
12. “All humans are entrepreneurs not because they should start companies but because the will to create is encoded in human DNA.” — Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder
9. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone. Know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” — Dave Thomas, Wendy’s founder
8. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” — Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder
7. “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes — understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” — Arianna Huffington, Editor-in-Chief of Huffington Post.
6. “Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” — Oprah Winfrey, Founder and CEO of the Oprah Winfrey Network, Founder and CEO of Harpo Productions, American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer and philanthropist.
5. “If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” — Elon Musk, Founder & CEO of SpaceX, CEO and product architect of Tesla Inc., Founder and CEO of Neuralink.
4. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” — Michelle Obama, First African-American First Lady of the United States of America, Lawyer and Writer
3. “Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway.” — Mary Kay Ash, Mary Kay Cosmetics Founder
2. “It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.” — Confucius, Chinese philosopher, teacher, editor, politician
1 .”You must do the things you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt, Longest-serving First Lady of the United States of America, politician, diplomat and activist
Going into business for yourself can be nerve wracking – to say the least. But with all stress factors aside, it’s an extraordinary journey that requires your unique savviness and talent. Do you think you have what it takes to be your own boss?
Whether you’re looking to start a business, or maintain and grow your current business, SeaComm has cost-effective financing options designed to fit your needs and lead you to a successful future.
For more information, contact SeaComm’s experienced Member Business Loan Officer, Robert Barlow –
Cell phone: 315-250-4771
Office: 315-764-0566 ext. 510